Here are some photos of my journey through 2019. These photos resonated with me for various reasons. This album features pics from my time at How-To Halloween and the Grand Rapids Comic Con.
I had another great time at How-To Halloween. Check out these photos from Lansing’s annual spooky convention. Shout out to S. Spencer Photography for the additional photos.
Check out MIGeekScene’s previous coverage
Don’t know what to do for the week? Well, check out what’s going on for this weekend.
These Year in Reviews are not, what I call, official “reviews”. They are a series of musings, learned lessons and stories of what I experienced through out the year. Of course, reviews are featured but they are blended in with everything. It’s a director’s commentary of my adventures during the year of 2018 in the Michigan Geek Scene. Continue reading 2018 Fall Year in Review Pt 1
Here are some photos of my journey through 2018. These photos resonated with me for various reasons. This album features pics from my time at the Michigan Renaissance Festival, my first visit to ComiqueCon, How-To Halloween, and the Grand Rapids Comic Con.
I returned to the 5th annual How-To Halloween. Check out these photos from this cool Halloween themed Maker Faire.
The 9th Annual Downtown Lansing Zombie Walk invades the Capital City once again on Saturday October 13, 2018, and all ages of the undead are welcome to walk for FREE! We ask participants to bring a nonperishable food donation in support of the Greater Lansing Food Bank, and to assemble at 11:30am inside the Lansing Center by Exhibit Hall C.
Once the donations are collected, the horde members will be given a wristband before being unleashed on the unsuspecting citizens of Lansing, Michigan at high noon. Traffic comes to a stand still as we shuffle our way to the steps of the Capitol for the greatest photo op ever seen. Afterwards, we invite the walking dead to return to the Lansing Center for discounted entry into How-To Halloween to compete for big prizes in our Best Zombie Contest on the main stage and join in all the spooktacular fun at the festival.
Support your local geek events.
For more info, check out:
How-To Halloween is a festival for ghosts, ghouls and goblins of all ages!
• Celebrate the WOMEN OF POWER at our 5th annual event.
• Meet Capital City Wonder Woman, Batwoman, Supergirl & more.
• Participate in over 50 interactive activities and games.
• Wear your costume and bring a bag for trick-or-treating.
• See custom-built attractions and amazing holiday displays.
• Enjoy a huge variety of entertainment from the main stage.
• Learn tons of tips and tricks from cosplay experts.
• Snap photos with killer cars like KITT & the Mystery Machine
• Win our homemade costume contest for over $100 in prizes.
• Shop with our many creative and unique vendors.
• Help support our community and local charities.
• Get your tickets for only $8 (kids 2 and under enter for free).