The Super Heroes Unite marked the 3rd time the Vault of Midnight and the Pyramid Scheme joined forces to put on a costumed theme dance party. The first costumed themed party was the Batman dance party. The Villains Unite dance party followed a few months later. I attended the Villains Unite party and a wonderful time it was. How could I pass up the opportunity to check out the Super Heroes Unite event?
Upon entering the music venue room of the Pyramid Scheme, I noticed the promoter of the Super Heroes Unite dance party dressed as Aquaman. Instead of Arthur Curry, Aquaman was going by the name of George Benson that night. George, of the Vault of Midnight in Grand Rapids, was kind enough to do a quick interview on the spot.
*****Please READ the following before submitting an event.*****
1. Please check the Calendar Map to see if your event is already on the site. There’s a possibility that it already is. If it is and you are fine with what you see, then you are set. If it is and you need me to update any info, feel free to contact me.
2. If I place your event on my calendar, I ask that you mention MIGeekScene on your social media. Please include either of the following links:
3. If submitting an event, please INCLUDE the following information in the contact form below:
- Event Name
- Time frames from open to close
- Location Name
- Full address of location including zip code
- Official Description of the event
- Event Logo/Banner if applicable with express written permission to use on my calendar.
- Organizer Name (aka the Event/Organization group name)
- Website of Event (if applicable)
- Facebook event link (if applicable)
- Organizer contact info (Event Web address will work)
4. Submitting an event does not guarantee inclusion on the calendar. I will use my discretion to determine inclusion.
What is one of the myriad of things that come to your mind when you think of video games? Is it the awesome visuals that delight your eyes? What about the engrossing stories that draws you in? Or is it the fun gameplay that keeps you at it for periods of time ranging from minutes to marathon long hour sessions? How about the music? Spend enough quality time with a video game and the music will crawl into your ears and embed itself into your mind. Since video games have been around for 40 plus years, it is safe to say that numerous tunes and compositions have made their way into our hearts and minds over time. These beloved songs have inspired various covers that run that gamut of very distinct genres of music. Rock, metal, polka and piano are only a select few of the hundreds of covers out there for your audio enjoyment.
Hey folks, did you know that the Flint Institute of Arts is hosting a Smithsonian touring exhibition. You must be asking yourself, “Why do I care? How is that remotely geeky?” Well, that very exhibition in question is called the Art of Video Games. Is it worth the trip to Flint or is it a waste of time? Check out my experiences and review of this exhibition. Continue reading The Art of Video Games Exhibition Review
Before I start if you are interested in pictures from the event, head over to the gallery I have posted. You might just find yourself amongst the throng of pictures. Then, come back and read my review of the Grand Rapids Comic Con.
Continue reading Grand Rapids Comic Con 2014 Review
The show this weekend for the dapper rapper was cancelled. Visa issues have prevented Professor Elemental from getting into our country. He plans to come back next year.
Nov 14th, 2014
Off the Beaten Path Books and Doc Colony’s Reloaded Events presents this magnitudinous event.
Professor Elemental is bringing his unique brand of steampunk and chap hop to Detroit. What’s chap hop you ask? Old timey English proper and hip hop combined for unique lyrics. Professor Elemental combines comedy and music while spitting lyrics and rhymes. Opening acts will include a burlesque show by Miss Holly Hock, sideshow extraordinaire Christopher Bogucki (who might eat fire) and DJ Tommy Toon. Mark your calendars.
Tangent Gallery / Hastings Street Ballroom
715 E Milwaukee Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
Support your local geek/nerd events.
For more info, check out: